In this chapter we've looked at web site monitoring scripts that go beyond the simple HTTP process check. These tests emulate standard user behavior and actually test the web application logic. Key points to remember:
• You can access web content by using the standard Python urllib2 module.
• The urllib2 library provides additional handlers that manage cookies seamlessly.
• You can parse HTML documents with the Beautiful Soup library.
• It is easy to integrate applications with the Nagios monitoring system through the API, which is based on the standard UNIX process communication mechanisms.
• You can find detailed information about the Nagios API in the official documentation, which is available at http: //www.nagios .org/documentation/.
Was this article helpful?